BOOK REPORT INSTRUCTIONS:
For Grades 2 through 8: (3 Books – 4th book – extra credit)
1. Use 5x8 lined index cards (can be purchased at dollar stores, Kmart, Wal-Mart, etc.)
2. Students may choose a higher level book but NOT a lower level book.
3. Reports are due to teacher on Monday, September 18, 2017 and will be graded 0-6 (same as report card)
4. It is the student’s responsibility to submit reports.
5. Reports will be first writing and penmanship grades for the new school year.
6. Information required on index card:
On the front of the index card:
· Student Name
· Book Title
· Number of Pages
On the back of the index card:
· List Main Characters (3 to 5)
· Summary: 8 to 10 sentence synopsis (short summary) of the book in paragraph form