FOR THE 2017-2018 ACADEMIC YEAR
TO BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING FEBRUARY 1, 2017
Facts About SFIC
· The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children awards partial-tuition assistance to families with children in grades K-12 attending
Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Newark (Bergen, Essex, Hudson and Union Counties). All Pre-Kindergarten
programs are not eligible.
· Scholarships are based upon financial need and are awarded without regard to religion, race or ethnicity.
· IF YOUR CHILD IS CURRENTLY RECEIVING A SCHOLARSHIP you will receive an email on February 1, 2017
with instructions on how to reapply. DO NOT APPLY VIA THE SFIC WEBSITE!
· New families wishing to be considered for a scholarship should fill out the online application on our website after February 1, 2017.
· Deadline for submitting all on-line applications will be April 30, 2017.
· Financial documentation is required along with the completed on-line application.
· Financial documentation REQUIRED includes the following:
· 2016 Federal 1040 (first 2 pages only) with students listed as dependents
· 2016 W2
· If applicable:
· 2016 SSI 1099S or benefit budget letter including monthly amount
· Unemployment determination letter
· Current SNAP Food Stamp and/or Welfare benefit budget letter including monthly amounts
· A $30 non-refundable application fee is required (one per family).
· ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL OF OUR DECISION LATE JUNE 2017
· Scholarship payments are made directly to the schools.