Facts About The Scholarship Fund (SFIC)
· For families with children in grades K-12 attending Catholic schools within the Archdiocese for Newark (Bergen, Essex, Hudson and Union Counties).
· Scholarships are based upon financial need and are awarded without regard to religion, race or ethnicity.
· Currently the SFIC General Scholarship Fund awards a $1,000 tuition assistance grant to elementary and high school students entering grades K through 12. (All Pre-Kindergarten programs are not
· Scholarship applications for 2018-2019 school year will be available on-line only starting February 1, 2018 at www.sficnj.org
· Deadline for submitting all on-line applications will be April 30, 2018.
· Financial documentation is required along with the completed on-line application.
· Financial documentation REQUIRED includes the following:
· 2017 Federal 1040 (page 1 & 2 only) with students listed as dependents
· 2017 W2
· If applicable:
· 2017 SSI 1099S or benefit budget letter including monthly amount
· Unemployment determination letter
· Current SNAP Food Stamp and/or Welfare benefit budget letter including monthly amounts
· A $30 non-refundable application fee payable is required (one per family).
· Students in grades K-8 currently receiving tuition assistance from The Children's Scholarship Fund (CSF) program are not eligible to receive SFIC Scholarship.
· All applicants will be notified by email of our decision on or by the end of June 2018.
· Scholarship payments are made directly to the schools.